Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Detachment

What comes to mind is Detachment, that tried and true practice of all spiritual foundations with any kind of longevity. Detachment from the outcome of anything that I am working toward and yet not giving up or settling for less than my aspirations either. Like when I score an 86 on a test when I know I studied what I thought would be on it and then was confronted with different material that took longer to access from the recesses of my brain and wasn't as efficiently remembered. I need to let it go. Yet the thoughts of injustice, of failure, of how this is a reflection of my knowledge and ability as a budding doctor, etc. rush forth despite the intellectual realization that all they are is just that... thoughts. I am powerless over these thoughts, just like the thoughts that plague me with regards to my food, body weight and shape, and exercise (currently NOT exercising lets just make that clear to anyone reading... aka: sponsor).


No comments:

Post a Comment