Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Taste Testers Needed!!

Okay, so for those of you who don't know, I am officially a Gluten-Free Challenge Coach. This is a Challenge that is being conducted by Iris Higgins. For more information visit her blog, The Daily Dietribe. Basically the "Gluten Free Health Challenge is a six month challenge that will begin on June 1st and end on November 30th, 2013. During this time period, 7 women will get free gluten free health coaching, free group workshops on food and emotions, and the opportunity to share their stories here." 
As part of my commitment as coach, I am required to submit an original recipe on the first of each month, June -November, replete with pictures and all. For June the theme happens to be BBQ. I initially felt a wave of anxiety, how would I be able to post pictures when I don't own a camera? Not to mention, how was I to test a recipe when I was not able to prepare my own food being on meal support and all? Well, I could just prepare it for others and ask for feedback. That seemed like the most logical solution to my problem. As I thought more about the logistics however, of creating a recipe and sampling it, and building on that theme of involving others in this process, I am inviting you all and any other willing tummies to be my taste testers. 
I have a base recipe in mind and would like you all to make it according to the directions and make alterations as you deem necessary. Please post your taste impressions along with any alterations you may have made  to the recipe and also I would love pictures!! Whatever the end results turns out to be I will make note of all the inputs and give credit where credit is due.
I will post my base recipe by the end of the week and then await all your responses. I greatly appreciate your input, not to mention your taste buds!!
Let me know if you are up for the adventure! :)

1 comment: